Everyone has moments during their quarantine where they are feeling just completely unmotivated, stressed beyond belief, and overall annoyed. You should know that you are not alone whatsoever. From students to parents, this is a seemingly never ending cycle.
“I’m tired like all the time, and I just really sit in the bed and watch youtube all day,” said Samantha, a current student at Victor Valley College (VVC). “It’s pretty depressing, but I have nothing else to do.”
“I feel like I tried everything, and right now I’m just not into anything like meditating,” said Gail, another VVC student. “It didn’t do much especially when your sister is running around the house screaming.”
Just because one thing didn’t work out the way you planned doesn’t mean you should give up. You have to find what works for you in your situation.
Now no one ever planned or saw Covid-19 sweeping the nation as fast as it did and changing our lives, but now that we’re in the midst of it, we need to adjust.
Here are eight ways to keep you uplifted during quarantine:
01. Get out and exercise. Whether that’s in the comfort of your own home or in the front or backyard get to it! Our brain releases chemicals when we work out so when we don’t we get a little backed up.
02. Take a mental day. You need it especially if you’ve been working a crazy amount of hours at your job, don’t forget what’s extremely important and that’s you.
03. Find a new hobby. Again, keeping your mental and physical health in good condition is extremely important. Let’s get off the television and try painting or going roller-skating.
04. Try meditation. It’s worth a shot, especially if you can’t find any sort of peace within yourself what do you have to lose?
05. Focus on school, or take class. If you have a little spare time with quarantine, or even just not as many hours at work then usually. You have nothing to lose but all to gain.
06. Try the recipe you’ve always wanted to. I know you’ve been eyeing those homemade sugar cookies, or even a lasagna. Try it out, your taste buds will thank you later.
07. Keep up with your families. Some families really can’t see cousins, aunts and uncles due to Covid, but it would be awesome to shoot them a call or text just to check up on them. Stay together from a distance.
08. Clean and organize. Yes, the mission we all start but somehow get distracted and begin something else. Let’s open those garages and closets and get to digging!
At the end of the day, you should always feel some sort of piece or accomplishment from the day you just. That alone will give you joy and the feeling of being uplifted through these difficult times. Stay strong and motivated. We can do anything we put our minds to.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.